Respect for Life
"We proclaim that human life is a precious gift from God; that each person who receives this gift has responsibilities toward God, self, and others; and that society, through its laws and social institutions, must protect and nurture human life at every stage of its existence. These beliefs flow from ordinary reason and from our faith's constant witness that 'life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception' (Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World, no. 51) a teaching that has been a constant part of the Christian message since the apostolic age."
— U.S. Conference of Catholic bishops, Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities, November 2001
October is Pro-Life Month!
Join us for one or all of the following events and keep checking back as new ones are added.
October is Rosary Month. - Bishop Solis invites every Catholic to say the Rosary during this month. Intention suggestions are: An end to abortion: A call to respect all life from its beginning to natural end. A call to treat the poor, the immigrant, the sick with the dignity and grace given to them by God. A call for peace in our families. An end to war and violence.
- Life Chain, November 1 from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. 10600 South and State Street in, Sandy. This is a prayerful, silent witness asking for a an end to abortion. Signs will be provided.
- 40 Days for Life--Begins September 23, 2020 and continues to November 1, 2020
Our Pro-life Partners - The following organizations are our partners in standing for life. While some are not Catholic, they do value life and we work with them on a variety of projects;
- Sidewake counselors--
- Regnancy Resource Center -- https://www.pregnancyresource.net/
- 40 Days for Life
- LINKline operates 24-7, which will link you to free help, including counseling, shelter, transportation, advocacy and other services. 1 800 897 LINK (5465)
- 24-hour Rape Crisis and Information hotline 1 888 421-1100
- Rape Recover Center, Salt Lake City, 24 hour hotline, 1 801 467 7273
- Utah Domestic Violence Coalition, https://www.udvc.org
- Utah DHS Domestic Violence Services https://dcfs.utah.gov/services/domestic-violence-services/
- Safe Harbor Utah, Davis County. Provides shelter and services for domestic violence and sexual assault survivors. www.safeharborhope.org 801 444.9161, 24/7
- Utah County Victim Assistance Program www.coutah.ut.us/DEPT/SHERIFF/Information/VictimServices.asp 801 851-8364
- Duschene County https://www.duchesne.utah.gov/your-government-2/county-departments/victims-advocacy/domestic-violence-resources
Beginning of Life
Pregnancy Resource Center: www.pregnancyresource.net 801 944.4981
All Services are Free and Confidential
Embrionic Stem Cells
Support for Mothers In Need
Dignity in Living
Artificial Reproductive Technologies
Caring for the Vulnerable and those with Special Needs
Natural Family Planning
End of Life
+ + +
Starter Kits: Helpful kits to kick-off your parish's or school's Respect for Life Committee
Print Materials: Brouchures, Flyers, Prayer Bookmarks and Cards, etc.